Netflix is always adding new movies and TV shows to its catalog, and each week, we’ll bring you the best it has to offer!
What to Watch
In this week’s Netflix selections, FBI agents use interviews and other techniques to explore the minds of serial killers in an effort to better identify and contain them. A boy must fend for his life when he finds out that his beautiful babysitter and her friends are part of a satanic cult. Finally, comedian Patton Oswalt returns for his latest stand-up special, in which he talks about the Trump presidency, social media, and dealing with his grief over the death of his wife.
- Mindhunter – Season 1 – Set in the late 1970s, this thriller series centers around two FBI agents as they work to expand criminal science by exploring the minds of serial killers.
- The Babysitter – Cole discovers that his babysitter and her friends are part of a satanic cult, and must evade their attempts to kill him while also spoiling their violent ceremony that requires the blood of an innocent.
- Patton Oswalt: Annihilation – Comedian Patton Oswalt talks is back for his latest special, in which he takes on Trump, confronts his grief over the death of his wife, and suddenly becoming a single parent.
This week on Netflix sees the arrival of new titles, beginning with 1922, a Netflix original film adapted from a Stephen King novella in which a farmer murders his wife, only to discover that she can reach out from beyond the grave. In season two of Haters Back Off, the hilariously untalented Miranda Sings is back, once again trying to become a famous performer with the help of her equally-odd family. Finally, the documentary One of Us explores the difficulty facing three people as they try to defy and leave the Hasidic Jewish community.
- 1922 – Rather than allow her to leave their rural lifestyle and take their son with her, a farmer murders his wife, only to find that this is only the beginning of his trouble. Soon, the farmer notices odd and frightening occurrences, and learns that not everything that dies stays buried. Arrives October 20.
- Haters Back Off – Season 2 – Continue to follow the lives of the earnest yet deeply untalented Miranda Sings and her odd family in the second season of this Netflix original comedy series. Arrives October 20.
- One of Us – This documentary from the directors of Jesus Camp tells the story of three Hasidic Jews as they attempt to leave their faith, facing ostracism and violence from their extremely Orthodox community. Arrives October 20.
Bookmark this page and check back next week for more from Netflix!